Are you a carer?
A carer is someone of any age who provides unpaid support to family or friends who could not manage without this help. This could be caring for a relative, partner or friend who is ill, frail, disabled or has mental health or substance misuse problems.
- In Neath Port Talbot 20,000 people are unpaid carers (2011 census).
- One in every 8 adults is a carer
- Many people who look after family, friends or relatives, would not recognise themselves as a carer.
- Recognising yourself as a carer can be the first step to getting information, advice and support.
Contact us Tel 01639 642277
Neath Port Talbot Carers Service
Salary: £32,164 – £34,196 per annum
Hours: 35 hours per week
Funded to: March 31st 2021
To take overall responsibility for the management of the NPT Carers Service and to ensure that, with the Board of Trustees, the NPT Carers Service achieves its strategic aims and complies with all legal obligations as a charity; to work with the team of staff (10 employees) and volunteers to improve the quality of life for carers and to ensure the delivery of a quality, effective and efficient carer focused service in the Neath and Port Talbot area.
Main Aims Of The Role:
- To be responsible to the Trustees for the day to day management, development and performance of the service and reviewing performance.
- To work with the Board of Trustees to develop and implement strategy and business plans and to ensure the NPT Carers Service meets its aims and objectives.
- To have overall management responsibility for the NPT Carers Service, including staff and finances, and to ensure all policies and practice are upheld through team working with the trustees, staff, volunteers and others.
- To hold the position of Company Secretary and, with the Board of Trustees, ensure that all legal compliance is met.
- To provide the lead role in fundraising in conjunction with the Finance and Admin Officer to identify and implement appropriate funding and tendering for statutory contracts to ensure continuity and sustainability of services to carers.
- In conjunction with staff, to ensure appropriate reporting and data collection to comply with funders requirements and to liaise with statutory and other funders as necessary to further the work of the NPT Carers Service.
- To promote and maintain a public profile for the NPT Carers Service, representing carers and the NPT Carers Service in all appropriate forums and at partnership meetings.